Natural World Heritage – All explorers and nature lovers, gather around!
Traveling to Romania and planning to try something really different and cool?
This tour is about discovering the wonderland from the Danube Delta. We’ll mix the days of peace and relaxation with the safari trips, bird watching tours, Caraorman excursions and the culinary experience. From Tulcea to Mila 23 and beyond, this tour is a special and unique experience, delighting you with the specific, traditional seafood: fish soup and borsch, fried fish, brine pickle of fish with garlic dressing, fish meatballs and so much more.
Into the wild with your trusted local guide! Let’s explore together the local communities of the Danube Delta. In this tour it’s all about the experiences and the memories you make.
Tour StartsBucharest, Sibiu or other Cities
Tours EndsBucharest, Sibiu or other Cities
Main SightsTulcea, Letea Forest, Mila 23 Fishing Village
Day 1: Welcome to the Danube Delta
- Arrival in the Danube Delta
- Transfer by car to Tulcea from where we’ll take the boat to accommodation in Mila 23.
Day 2: Adventure Begins
- We take a safari car and explore Letea Forest (The northernmost subtropical forest in Europa).
- We’ll visit the village and have a traditional lunch based on fish, at a local & authentic household.
- We reach Sulina on a superb canal, bordered by rush and water lilies. You can choose here to eat (if you have not had yet lunch) on a restaurant of the promenade.
Day 3 Boat trip
- Boat trip adventure to Olguta Canal, Sontea Canal, Sireasa Canal and Canal 36.
- You’ll admire the aquatic vegetation and have the opportunity to see white and yellow water lilies, swans, ducks, pelicans, and other bird species.
- We’ll explore the rich fauna of the Danube Delta.
Day 4: Caraorman Trip Exploring
- Caraorman trip exploring: we’ll visit the Caraorman Forest for about an hour, enjoying the rich flora and fauna.
- Returning to the village for a delicious lunch at a haholi (Ukrainian Household).
Day 5: We hope to see you again soon!
- Your travel experience has come to an end
- Departure Day