The North Remembers: Wooden churches and painted monasteries
Travel to Romania and seeking to go deep into the culture of the destination?
This is one of the most exciting and longest tours. You’ll have both the cultural and culinary part included in this amazing tour. This tour is perfect for those who like to travel slow while indulging in the local culture, cuisine, entertainment, and more.
You’ll enjoy Mocanita the last real forestry railway in Europe, while the train will cross through green forests, cliffs, and clear water, you’ll see the most stunning views. All these experiences mixed with culinary exploration. Bounding with the locals, getting to know the traditions of Maramures and Bucovina counties, eating delicious food.
This tour is about the simplicity of life, an authentic back in time journey. Discover Romania with your local guide!
Tour StartsCluj or other Cities
Tours EndsIasi or other Cities
Main SightsWooden Churches in Budesti, Barsana & Rozavlea, Merry Cemetery in Sapanta, Mocanita, Painted Monasteries: Voronet, Sucevita, Moldovita
Day 1: You have reach your destination!
- Arrival in Baia Mare City
- Ready to start this tour?
Day 2: Adventure Begins
- Half-day tour in Baia Mare, visiting the surroundings
- Desești world heritage church
- Budești world heritage church
- Exploring the Sarbi water mill
- Enjoying together the lunch at a local restaurant in Bârsana area
- Handicraftsmen – carving wood – Bârsana Monastery
- Bârsana Monastery exploring
- Check-in Sighetu Marmației
Day 3: It's all about the museum experience!
- Trip to Merry Cemetery Săpânța
- Visiting the Memorial Museum of the Victims of Communism and of the Resistance
Day 4: Making travel memories
- Enjoy Mocanita Experience, the last real forestry railway in Europe
Day 5: Historical Tour
- Heading to Suceava
- Rozavlea Wooden Church
- Prislop Pass – 1416 m
- Painted eggs museum - Ciocanești
- Mestecăniș Pass 1062 m
- Accommodation near Suceava
Day 6: Monasteries & Local Communities
- Gura Humorului exploring
- Humor Monastery
- Voroneț Monastery
- Moldovița Monastery
- Lunch in the area, culinary experience
- Sucevița Monastery
- Visiting the Marginea village where you’ll find the last black ceramics center in Romania
Day 7: Historical & Cultural Tour
- Visiting the Tg. Neamț Fortress, Neamț Monastery, Agapia Monastery
- Lunch in Agapia
- Visiting the Văratec Monastery
Day 8: We hope to see you again soon!
- Your travel experience has come to an end
- Departure Day