TOP 5 places to visit around the Transfagarasan Highway
Transfagarasan Highway is probably the best road in the world, that’s what Jeremy Clarkson from TOP GEAR said while comparing this road to a race track. If you are an adventure seeker, Transfagarasan is the place to be. Besides the amazing driving experience, Transfagarasan Highway offers incredible landscapes and is connecting the south of Romania with Transylvania. So, from here you can visit and explore many other great places in Romania. Let’s found out together TOP 5 places to explore around the Transfagarasan Highway:
- Balea Lake is one of the most amazing glacier lakes in Romania with a fairy-tale landscape. Did you know that in 2014, Van Damme was here to film a beer commercial? And he was also impressed by this amazing place. Being situated at 2,034 meters of altitude in the Fagaras Mountains, this is a great spot if you want to start a hiking tour, if you want to relax at the cottage here and admire the surroundings or simply if you want to pick a rock to sit on and eat your sandwiches with your loved ones while enjoying the moment of the present.
- Dracula’s Castle: Pack your garlic and let’s start exploring together the Castle of Dracula! From Transfagarasan Highway, every adventure seeker will love to visit this castle to discover more about the legends of Dracula. Are you ready to unravel the mystery that Dracula’s Castle hides inside it?
- Brasov City: where you’ll discover the perfect getaway into Transylvania. Once you’ll get here, you’ll notice how the pace of life noticeably slows. Brasov is one of the most visited medieval cities from Romania, having a romantic and relaxed vibe as you wander through its chic streets. While exploring Brasov, feast on a Kurtos Kalacs, the sweet cylinder cake roasted on a spit. Besides the fact, that is really delicious and it’s tremendous.
- Turda Salt Mine is a must-see Romanian attraction, being more than a history museum of salt mining. Once you’ll get here you’ll be pleasantly surprised to discover a one of a kind underground amusement park, built right inside the mine. Did you know that this salt mine is around 400-feet deep and dates as far back as the 17th century? Pack your bags and come on over to explore Turda Salt Mine! It’s worth visiting at least once.
- Raven’s Nest Village: Explore the hidden Village from Transylvania! This place is more than just a simple accommodation, it’s actually a sensorial experience in the middle of nature, having a traditional flavor. Up in the Apuseni Mountains, there is this remote place, where you can come to recharge yourself with positive energy. Waking up in the morning and enjoying your coffee on the panoramic hidden deck, it’s the greatest feeling ever.
Are you ready to explore the Transfagarasan Highway? Expand your vision to travel! Let us be your travel guide!